Articles on Plain Language Communication
Improving Communication with Clients
- Help Clients Understand: Use plain language.
- Plain Language for Client Confidence
- Do a Communications Audit
- Handling Client Complaints
- Keeping Clients Informed Pays Big Dividends
- Don't Be a Letterhead: Think About Your Clients
- Meeting Client Needs for Clear Information: Is Literacy a Law Practice Issue?
Plain Talk and Good Listening
- Delivering Instructions Effectively
- Are You Listening?
- Listening Skills are Crucial
- Communicating Across the Cultural Divide: How Men and Women Talk
- Ten Tips for Communicating Across Cultures
- Using Plain Language Process in Oral Presentations
Writing, Plain and Clear
- Lawyers Are Writers: Get used to it.
- What is Really Wrong With Legal Language?
- Quick Tips for Clear Legal Language
- Guidelines for Readable Writing: Reaching Out with Plain Language
- Framing Your Message: Helping Your Reader Get the Picture
- A Crash Course in Plain Lanugage Legal Drafting
- Workshop Notes on Persuasive Writing for Litigation