Speeches and Presentations
Comments and Reviews
Cheryl Stephens' presentations are known for their good humor, plain talk, and great learning opportunities. Here's what Cheryl's happy clients have said.
From a teacher with 14 years' experience:
The teaching was excellent. The course exercises --both in-class and at-home-- opened up multiple opportunities for students to learn at their own pace and in their own way. Cheryl chose very interesting, appropriate and varied ways of communicating her material. She was approachable and welcoming of ideas and suggestions.
Cheryl's intelligent, wise and completely impromptu handling of a classroom situation involving the painful and divisive topic of "political correctness" was a model of the best type of teaching and leadership. It was informed by compassion and respect, but conducted with intellectual rigor, ease and creativity, moral courage and professionalism. She honored all those who spoke, and accurately captured their differences in viewpoint, but did not back down from her duty to conduct teaching in an open and inclusive environment.
I believe that, as a result, group cohesion and mutural respect in the class actually deepened and strenghthened. As an institution of higher learning, VCC has good reason to be very proud indeed of its teaching staff.
A letter from Ann Halkett,
BC Association of Legal Assistants
November 19, 2002
In October 2002 the BC Association of Legal Assistants held a joint dinner meeting with the Canadian Association of Paralegals at which Ms. Stephens was the featured speaker.
Ms. Stephens applied her training and experience to convey how important it is for busy individuals to have a balanced life. She walked participants through a useful exercise, which enabled them to understand, among other things, their needs, desires, the value of their life and work.
I was very impressed with Ms. Stephens' talk and would be happy to recommend her as a speaker to any group that would like to increase the participation or productivity of its members or employees.
BC ASSOCIATION OF LEGAL ASSISTANTS
Ann Halkett, Vice-President
More Student Comments
- Thank you, Cheryl. The course topics were excellent. I would highly recommend this course to everyone: lawyers, supervisors and managers could learn to understand and communicate better in the real working world.
- Cheryl's relaxed and non-pretentious approach and integrity were very refreshing.
- Cheryl was both interesting and interested in the topics. She was informative, pleasant, and very patient.
- This session was great overall. Cheryl was very enthusiastic and positive! And she is very knowledgeable on the subject matter.
- Cheryl was very focused on topic but open to individual input. This session was thought-provoking and valuable.
- Cheryl is very informative and finds time to answer questions. She was very helpful and the workshop was intellectually stimulating!
- Cheryl was great! I really enjoyed the classes and she always had a smile when I spoke with her.
- I really enjoyed Cheryl. She's fun and made the class fun.
Invite Cheryl to Speak
To invite Cheryl to come speak to your group, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org